Welcome to the State of Virginia Construction Code website.
You will be able to view the new State of Virginia Construction Code in an Adobe® Reader® format. The files found on this site are in a read only format and are not available for printing.
You will need to have Adobe®; Reader®; 8.0 or higher installed to be able to read these files. If you do not have Adobe® Reader® 8.0 or higher you can download it for free at www.adobe.com.
Use your arrow buttons or scroll bar to move between code sections and pages in the document.
For assistance on technical issues with this web site or for accessibility compliant files contact Electronic Media by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This 2006 Virginia Construction Code contains substantial copyrighted material from the 2006 International
Building Code, Third Printing, which is a copyrighted work owned by the International Code Council, Inc.
State of Virginia Construction Code
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1_Administration
- Chapter 2_Definitions
- Chapter 3_Use and Occupancy Classification
- Chapter 4_Special Detailed Requirements Based on Use and Occupancy
- Chapter 5_General Building Heights and Areas
- Chapter 6_Types of Construction
- Chapter 7_Fire-Resistance-Rated Construction
- Chapter 8_Interior Finishes
- Chapter 9_Fire Protection Systems
- Chapter 10_Means of Egress
- Chapter 11_Accessibility
- Chapter 12_Interior Environment
- Chapter 13_Energy Efficiency
- Chapter 14_Exterior Walls
- Chapter 15_Roof Assemblies and Rooftop Structures
- Chapter 16_Structural Design
- Chapter 17_Structural Tests and Special Inspections
- Chapter 18_Soils and Foundations
- Chapter 19_Concrete
- Chapter 20_Aluminum
- Chapter 21_Masonry
- Chapter 22_Steel
- Chapter 23_Wood
- Chapter 24_Glass and Glazing
- Chapter 25_Gypsum Board and Plaster
- Chapter 26_Plastic
- Chapter 27_Electrical
- Chapter 28_Mechanical Systems
- Chapter 29_Plumbing Systems
- Chapter 30_Elevators and Conveying Systems
- Chapter 31_Special Construction
- Chapter 32_Encroachments Into the Public Right-of-Way
- Chapter 33_Safeguards During Construction
- Chapter 34_Existing Structures
- Chapter 35_Referenced Standards
- Appendix F_Rodent Proofing
- Appendix H_Signs
- Appendix I_Patio Covers